The Home Buying Process
Step #1: Meet with a Real Estate Professional
- Interview Real Estate Agents
- Discuss teh type of home you are looking for, including style, price, and location
Step #2: Get Pre-Approved
- You will need pay stubs, W2s, and bank statements.
- Knowing what you can afford is critical to a successful home shopping experience
Step #3: Search for Homes
- Your agent will schedule showings to help you find the perfect home
- Use our website to search for listings
- We will set you up on an automatic drip to receive all new listings that match your search criteria straight from the MLS, so it is always accurate unlike Zillow and other third party sites.
- Because of our vast network we can show you off market listings
Step #4: Make An Offer
- We will prepare the offer based on the price and terms of your choice
Step #5: Negotiation & Contract
- After the offer is placed, we may receive a counter offer
- And this is where it may take a few back-and-fourths to get it right so both parties are satisfied.
Step #6: Under Contract
- You and the seller have agreed to the price and terms. The home is effectively held for you until closing
Step #7: Final Details
- Perform due diligence, order the appraisal, conduct an inspection, and review terms with the lender
Step #8: Closing
- This is the transfer of funds and ownership. A title company or an attorney acts as an independent third party to fiance the closing.
CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU ARE NOW A HOMEOWNER
If you are currently at Step #1, give us a call at 310.944.5554